What documents will I need to bring with me when hiring a vehicle from you?

You are required to bring your complete driving license held for a minimum of 24 months (endorsements permitting). If you have a two part photo-card license, we must see both the paper part, which shows the endorsements and vehicle categories, as well as the card part, which shows your current address and photograph. We will also require two other forms of identification. We recommend you bring either a recent utility bill, bank statement or an official letter showing your current address (all must be under three months old). Please note we cannot accept a passport as a primary form of identification.

How old do I have to be to hire a vehicle?

To hire a vehicle from us you will need to be between the ages of 25 and 70 years old having held a full driving licence for at least two years.

What happens if my rental vehicle breaks down?

In the unlikely event of a breakdown, all our vehicles are covered by our RAC breakdown policy. A 24-hour emergency telephone number is provided in all of our vehicles to call in case of emergency or breakdown. All efforts will be made to get you back on the road as quickly as possible. A replacement vehicle will be provided if necessary.

Is the windscreen covered by insurance?

The windscreen is not covered by insurance and is your responsibility.

What do I do about fuel?

All our vehicles will be supplied full of fuel. We will provide you with details of the nearest fuel station and ask that the vehicle is returned full of fuel. Any vehicle not returned full of fuel will be re-fuelled by us and charged to your card with the addition of a small administration charge.

Can I take the vehicle abroad?

No, our insurance only covers you for England, Scotland and Wales. Overseas travel is strictly prohibited.

I am travelling to london, do I have to pay the congestion charge?

Yes you will have to pay any charges relating to the vehicle whilst on hire to you. For more information on ways to pay the Congestion charge visit www.cclondon.com

The congestion charge currently costs £11.50 per day.

Please note if you do not pay the congestion charge a penalty charge notice (PCN) will be issued.

The PCN is currently (Oct 2012) issued at £130.00 and is discounted to £65.00 if paid promptly and within 14 days.

If you do not pay within 28 days, the penalty increases to £195.00. Failure to pay the £195.00 will result in registration of the debt with the County Court (and a court fee will apply).

If this is not paid, a warrant will be requested and issued to Bailiffs to recover the amounts due.

Can another person drive the vehicle?

Only the person hiring the vehicle can drive it unless an additional driver has been added to the rental agreement at the time of hiring, with the permission of ourselves, and all relevant documentation for that driver is in order and correct. There is a small additional daily charge for adding a second driver.

Can I book a vehicle and pay for it even if i won’t be the person picking it up and driving it?

No, the main driver must be the credit/debit card holder.

Can I pay for my rental with cash?

No. we only accept payment by credit and debit card.

How much will you take off my card when I collect the rental vehicle?

We will take the full estimated hire amount including VAT, any charges for additional drivers or accessories, and the £100.00 deposit upon collection of your rental vehicle.

I have points on my licence – can I still hire a vehicle?

A single minor offence should not affect you hiring a vehicle, although we have the right to refuse hiring to anyone with a recorded offence. If you are unsure call us with details of the driving conviction and we can check with our insurance company.

Can I bring my dog or other pet in the rental vehicle?

Unfortunately it is our policy not to allow pets in any of our rental vehicles. If we suspect an animal has been in one of our vehicles you may be liable for a valeting charge.

Can I smoke in the rental vehicle?

Smoking is strictly prohibited in all our rental vehicles and anyone suspected or found smoking will be liable to a cost for a full valet of the vehicle.

What happens if I want to keep the vehicle longer than planned?

If you wish to keep the vehicle longer than the contracted period, this must be agreed with us so that the rental documents can be extended. We will require email/written confirmation of the extended hire and we will take the additional hire charges from your card to cover the extended hire.

All major credit cards accepted

Our Depots

Dale Road | Meadow Road Industrial Estate | Worthing | West Sussex BN11 2RU
01903 230700

Link House | 1 North Moors | Slyfield Industrial Estate | Guildford | Surrey GU1 1SE
01483 456789